Wednesday, 20 September 2023
10:30 to 12:15 CET
The workshop will help provide keys for city managers to optimise co-benefits for pollinator conservation and climate through urban greening and highlight best practices.
Main questions that will be explored:
- What is the effect of heat on urban pollinators;
- How can urban greening plans integrate better these issues and create synergies climate adaptation/ resilience of pollinators;
- Perceptions: willingness of citizens to undertake pollinator conservation actions/pollinator behaviour;
- Nature based solutions: synergising climate and biodiversity.
- Costanza Geppert, (University of Padua, Italy);
- Anja Proske, Project manager for the Berlin wildbee project at the German Wildlife foundation (Deutsche Wildtier Stiftung);
- Jonathan Sorel, Advisor to the Mayor of Paris on public space, transport, mobility and nature in the city.
The science-policy conversation will highlight:
This event is organised by the Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP) and EUROCITIES with help from IUCN Europe for the Safeguard project.
Photo: Poster of the webinar “Urban pollinators: how can cities protect pollinators and build resilience to climate change?”